[argyllcms] Re: sRGB.icm changed in Argyllcms 1.6.1

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 09:43:39 +1100

Elle Stone wrote:

> I'm not familiar with jam, but after compiling everthing the first time, this
> command
> compiles only mkDispProf.c:

Hi,

In theory you could use the Makefile instead, although I have forgotten to
add mkDispProf to it in this release.

> argyll163_src $ jam -q -fJambase -j 3 -t icc/mkDispProf.c

Yes, that can work, although you can speed things up by cd'ing into
icc and just compiling that, since it is self contained. If you are using
the ArgyllCMS modified Jam, then you can also set the JAMBASE environment
variable to point at the Jambase to avoid having to use -f.

> How do you modify it to make a true gamma curve such as gamma=1.0, gamma=1.8,
> or gamma=2.2?

You need to modify the section of code that sets the "Red, Green and Blue Gamma
Curve
Tags". See icctest.c "Curve - Linear version" and "Curve - Gamma version" for
examples.

ie. for gamma you just set:

        wor->flag = icmCurveGamma;       /* Gamma version */
        wor->allocate((icmBase *)wor);   /* Allocate space */
        wor->data[0] = 2.2;              /* Gamma value */

instead of the code to set the curve values.

> I tried saving the modified mkDispProf.c under a new name "mkNewProf.c" and
> compiling it:
>
> argyll163_src $ jam -q -fJambase -j 3 -t icc/mkNewProf.c
>
> but that doesn't work. Perhaps some other file needs to be modified to tell
> jam what to
> compile?

To use Jam you need to edit the icc/Jamfile and add the line

   MainsFromSources mkNewProf.c ;

down the bottom somewhere.

Graeme.