[argyllcms] Re: logo2cgats

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 00:32:16 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:
So my question about logo2cgats is this : suppose I use IT8.7/3 Basic (only
182 patches), when importing the measurement file into argyll's ti3 format,
will I still be able to create an ICC profile through "profile"? Or is there
a minimum? I remember once creating an ICC profile with argyll based on as
little as 60 patches.

There's no minimum really except for practicality, ie. probably 4 (enough
to occupy 3 dimensions). You won't get very far without white either I expect.

At one stage I experimented with creating a profile from
the colors in a Fogra strip (46) patches, using an indirect
method - create a model profile using mpprof from the .ti3,
and then use it to create a larger number of dummy samples using
fakeread (say 1000), before creating an ICC profile. With some
devices this worked quite well, with others not so well.