[argyllcms] logo2cgats

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:28:45 -0500

For my class, because I don't have enough DTP41s and iCColor and EyeOnePros
for everyone (25 students), I'm contemplating creating output profile based
on as little number of patches as possible. To simplify access to the
instruments, the students will use ColorPort (which the lab technician
accepted installing on all stations without too much trouble) to measure the
printed targets in.

OK.

So my question about logo2cgats is this : suppose I use IT8.7/3 Basic (only
182 patches), when importing the measurement file into argyll's ti3 format,
will I still be able to create an ICC profile through "profile"? Or is there
a minimum? I remember once creating an ICC profile with argyll based on as
little as 60 patches.

I'm going to test this capability while I wait for your replies -- if
anyone's interested or care to express an opinion.

Roger Breton