[argyllcms] Re: has anyone tried ColorVision PrintFIX ?

  • From: "Greg Sullivan" <greg.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:04:14 +1000

Here's another review:
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/printfix1.html

This review mentions interference fringes from the plastic sleeve used to
protect the test chart print during scanning. (I remembered reading
about this issue a long time ago - I sort of expected that Luminous
Landscape review to mention it, but it doesn't)

Also, I am not surprised about the comment regarding how it handles
out of gamut colours. I have their professional profiler (Profiler Pro), and
it suffers from the very common blue/purple shift. Argyll doesn't suffer
from this problem. (or hasn't yet with my profiles)

Greg.