[argyllcms] Re: has anyone tried ColorVision PrintFIX ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:33:15 +1000

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

As you can see, particularly the red and green responses seem to be relatively narrow-band too. Actually I do not have the impression, that the manufacturer did make any attempts to optimized lamp & filters in order to approximate a colorimetric response. If they are optimized at all, then likely rather for other objectives (e.g. for max. light ouput of the lamp to reduce SNR, etc.).

You could be right that many (most ?) scanners have this nature, since the assumption is that reproductions based on a small number of colorants, are usually the subject of scanning. I think that more effort may go into digital cameras, since they are far more likely to be capturing real world colors.