[argyllcms] Re: guideline for targen + printarg

  • From: Michael Schulz <ms.typografik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:25:57 +0200

Am 05.10.2009 13:52 Uhr schrieb "Michael Schulz" unter
<ms.typografik@xxxxxx>:

> Am 05.10.2009 2:50 Uhr schrieb "Graeme Gill" unter <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> A key question is whether you are attempting to create a profile to install
>> in your RIP, or whether you are attempting to color manage in front of your
>> RIP. If it is the former, then you need to figure out how profile charts are
>> to be printed so that they bypass the RIPs color management.
>
> Sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean by "to figure out how
> profile charts are to be printed so that they bypass the RIPs color
> management." - at least how to do this...

I have to apologize because I misunderstood you. I found already a way to
bypass the RIP's color management - this must be done in the RIP's software:
one have to disable the existing paper profile...
Sorry - I'm little confused at the moment about all this stuff.

Michael