[argyllcms] Re: guideline for targen + printarg

  • From: Martin Weberg <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:40:56 +0200

2009/10/12 Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Michael Schulz wrote:
>>
>> The printer is a HPDesignJet 10 ps. The behavior of the printer shows
>> visually a slight red color cast which become obviously in skin tones. The
>> results measuring the FOGRA-strip_v2 are within the norm (2007).
>
> The red cast might be a metamerism issue. If I remember correctly, the
> HPDesignJet 10 ps inks are very susceptible to metamerism failures.
> Therefore it's important to view the prints under standard lighting
> conditions (D50 viewing booth or the like).
>
> Klaus

I've seen this on a Canon iPF9000 (Lucia ink) too. Proofs got a really
bad red cast (specially neutrals/skin tones) when viewed in
non-standard light. Costumers were not too happy about this. The
solution was to build the proofer profile with max K (or close to it).
Just, look out for banding and cross-overs. After that, proofs are
much more "stable" in other than standard light.

Martin Weberg