[argyllcms] dtp22 not working with Argyll

  • From: Alan Rockwood <alanrockwood2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:27:39 -0800 (PST)

I made some progress with dtp22 not working.

It turns out that my problem was that I had PuTTY on at the same time I was
trying to run spotread. I think there was a conflict in accessing the COM1 port.

However, after I got that sorted out I ran spotread again. It asked for
calibration. I calibrated. It asked for me to read a spot. I did that and got
the following error message:

"Got fatal error ‘Not expected instrument model’ (Instrument password was
rejected)"

So, I guess I have one of the oddball versions of the dtp22. Is there any way
to find the password? My Unit is marked "ColorMark calibrator" on the top of
the unit. On the box it says, "MacDermid GRAPHICARTS ColorSpan". On the bottom,
just below the dtp22 label it says "E165006". I wonder if the "E165006" is the
password or is somehow related to the password.

Alan

P.S. I haven't figured out how to add to a thread on freelists, so I apologize
for starting a new thread on this.