[argyllcms] colink helpful U/GCR and TAC options

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:44:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I found Argyll has since spring greatly improved. Namely the crossovers
are almost gone, except for strong UCR. But this does not matter in my
context of creating a set of default profiles for Oyranos.

The set will include Cmyk profiles resembling the previously
included set of ECI profiles, add some to be identified north american and asian characterisation data and create the profiles with colprof:

colprof -v -qh -bh -l 340 -kp 0 .3 1 1 .5 FOGRA39L

What are good values for TAC (-l option) and UCR/GCR? The above -kp option gives a nice curve and a bit different from Argyll's default curve. Especially the early starting of K in the whites, as in colprof's defaults, seems not so desireable to me.

If you could help in getting the best out of Argyll that would be great.

The profiles will include the characterisation data and the command line to create the profiles, probably in the device manufacturer tag. A Info tag would perhaps be better for the later.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org