[argyllcms] Re: [argyllcms] Camera profiling for fluorescent light

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:43:11 +0400

Stephen T wrote:

I am hoping that photographing the IT8.7/2 target under fluorescent light might
improve the results. Would I then still profile against the D50 reference data
or use one of the alternatives? I have chart reference data also for F2, F7 and
F11 illuminants. What are these used for?
I had the same question abot mine Digital Color Checker SG. And my experience
that D50 reference data are better.
If You choose another reference for the profile, after applying the profile
You'll get the images of objects like You see them under this reference
illuminant. But in most of the cases the objects on images should look like
them illuminated by D50. So the D50 reference data will be correct.