[argyllcms] Camera profiling for fluorescent light

  • From: Stephen T <stwebvanuatu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello ArgllCMS users,

I have made satisfactory progress in profiling my digital SLR under daylight.
Results are not so great however when using my profiles with fluorescent
lighting and perhaps with other illuminants that are far from D50.

I am hoping that photographing the IT8.7/2 target under fluorescent light might
improve the results. Would I then still profile against the D50 reference data
or use one of the alternatives? I have chart reference data also for F2, F7 and
F11 illuminants. What are these used for?

Stephen.