[argyllcms] Re: What colorchart I should buy?

  • From: Konstantin Pyanzin <kokap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:19:21 +0300

Klaus Karcher wrote:
> At the moment, the only way to obtain XRite's reference file is to
> install one of the Xrite Profiling packages (e.g. ProfileMaker). You
> don't need a ProfileMaker dongle for this purpose.
>
> Klaus
>
> [1] whole discussion: Thread "CororChecker SG CIE reference values (or
> lack of)" in
> <http://lists.apple.com/archives/Colorsync-users/2009/Dec/threads.html> and
> <http://lists.apple.com/archives/Colorsync-users/2009/Dec/thrd2.html>)

I've read the discussion in Apple Colorsync-users mailing list. Sorry, but it
isn't right.
There are two official reference files from X-Rite.
One is in the ProfileMaker package and second is in the Eye-One Match package
(in "Reference Files\Camera" subdirectory).
They are different with max dE94=2.5
IMHO, they are useless for users that have not spectrophotometers: for example,
my own ColorChecker SG differs from both reference files. The difference
between my ColorChecker SG values (measured by two i1Pro spectros) and the
ProfileMaker reference values reaches dE94=3.6; between my ColorChecker SG
measured values and the i1Match reference values reaches dE94=3.8