[argyllcms] Re: Wanted: Spyder 3 and ColorMunki Beta Testers

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 01:41:00 +1100

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
This is of course of minor importance compared to other tasks, but I
think the reason behind the failure is because the script try to
create a zip file (the correct should be a tgz file) because PACKAGE
variable is not set. On my ubuntu linux box it failures because there
is no $OSTYPE and $MACHTYPE  environment variables reported with SH
shell only with bash.
And this lines in the makepackagebin look very redhat centric to me:

Yes, you're right, because I wrote these scripts for my own purposes
rather than with general use in mind, and I build the binary
release on a Fedora box. I simply haven't looked into what
the equivalent variables are on other Linux distros.

Here is the output on my pc.
$ echo $OSTYPE  $MACHTYPE
linux-gnu i486-pc-linux-gnu

I'll add these in (I'm not sure whether there is enough in common between
the different distros to write a generic set of Linux rules - ie., do
they all use x86_64-*linux-gnu ?).

cheers,