[argyllcms] Re: Wanted: Spyder 3 and ColorMunki Beta Testers

Rick Richardson wrote:
So got I the ColorMunki Photo today.  Unfortunately, it core dumps:

usb_check_and_add() called with VID 0x971, PID 0x2007

Hmm. Are you sure you are testing the correct code version ?
It should have recognized the Munki here.

instType: About to init Serial I/O

Looks likes it's missed it, and is now trying serial ports
for instruments.

icoms: About to open port '/dev/ttyS0'
icoms: Opened port OK, fd = 3
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Interesting. Nothing to do with the ColorMunki, but what type
of system is this, and what's on /dev/ttyS0 ?
Have you got a back trace ?

Nevermind.  I did a "# make install", but "# make install" does not
copy the programs to /usr/bin. etc.  What is the target to install the
binaries?

The build system isn't setup to install in a "user location". It may be
your convention to put things in /usr/bin, but it's not clear to me
that it's everyone else's, nor that it's desirable to have the
last version built override whatever is being currently used.
So "make install"/"jam install" simply collects all the executables etc.
together and puts them in the Argyll_V1.0.X/bin. It's up to you as to
whether you want to invoke them from there, or copy them somewhere
else such as /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin etc. Note that it's probably
a bad idea to copy this development snapshot over a version of
Argyll that you're currently happy with :-)