[argyllcms] Using chartread and Colormunki

  • From: man-d <man-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:19:19 -0400

Hello,

I try to read a printer test chart with a Colormunki Photo.

I'm not sure if I'm doing things right as I do not get any result. I let
the instrument read the strip and press "d" for done.
The chartread answer : "Done ? - At least one unread patch (A1), Are you
sure [y/n]:".
Finally I tried "y" to see if I can get strip B. I got : "munki_simulate_event:
terminate switch thread failed, canceling I/O"

I tried multiple ways to read the chart. Nothing works and I've read the
Argyll doc about strip reading for the hardware I'm using. I'm not
comfortable in the way I'm doing it.

I can see the LED in action at connecting but not after.

- start measurements with press enter key,
- start measurements with the instrument button,
- on the white part of the chart,
- on the first patch,
- quicker and slower.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thank You.

~$ apt-cache show argyll
Package: argyll
Version: 1.5.1-3

Debian testing (Jessie)

~$ chartread -v -D printerA
Steps in each Pass = 14
Passes in each Strip = 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7
Instrument Type:   ColorMunki
Serial Number:     2016629
Firmware version:  288
Chip ID:           01-4B7336120000D7
Version string:    'colormunki FW V1.32  Build Nr. 1303'
Calibration Ver.:  6
Production No.:    28918
inst_handle_calibrate called
About to call calibrate at top of loop
Calibrate returned calt 0x60, calc 0x60, ev 0x127a
Set instrument sensor to calibration position,
 and then hit any key to continue,
 or hit Esc or Q to abort:
About to call calibrate at top of loop
Calibrate returned calt 0x0, calc 0x60, ev 0x0
Calibration complete
inst_handle_calibrate done 0x0

Ready to read strip pass A
Press 'f' to move forward, 'b' to move back, 'n' for next unread,
 'd' when done, Esc or 'q' to quit without saving.
Trigger instrument switch or any other key to start:

Done ? - At least one unread patch (A1), Are you sure [y/n]:

Ready to read strip pass A
Press 'f' to move forward, 'b' to move back, 'n' for next unread,
 'd' when done, Esc or 'q' to quit without saving.
Trigger instrument switch or any other key to start:d

[...]

^C

--
man-d