[argyllcms] Re: Using I1Pro to calibrate an HDTV?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:18:38 +0100

Leonard Evens wrote:
> I've used my Eye One Pro to calibrate and profile my monitors. I now have an
> LCD HDTV set together with a Blu Ray Player which can make full use of the TV
> screen to display photographs. (Previous DVD players seemed quite limited in
> this regard.)  So I would like to at least calibrate the HDTV for photo
> viewing purposes.
>
> I presume I can somehow hang the probe on the TV while it is connected to a
> laptop and take readings of test patterns, several of which are available.  I
> presume this won't damage the LCD screen, but I would like confirmation of
> that.

I'm actually wondering, does your TV set offer any opportunity to load
LUTs (either 1D or 3D) directly into the TV, which are honored when you
feed the TV directly from the DVD player (w/o using any computer)? [note
that e.g. dispwin loads the calibration curves into the computer's
graphics card, not into the monitor]

Regards,
Gerhard