[argyllcms] Re: Targen & chart gamma correction

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:23:39 +0300

Graeme Gill wrote:

> Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
>
> > In such cases there may be high device non-linearity, which can be taken
> > in account at first step by simple gamma in targen. IMHO the gamma
> > coefficient
> > for device space in targen can help in difficult cases to achieve the much
> > more
> > optimal patch spreading and robust chart reading by instrument in
> > strip/auto mode.
>
> Don't worry, the next release will have a gamma value you can apply
> in targen to the -s, -g and -m patch generators.
>
> Graeme Gill.

Okay, it's will be usefull. But as I understood, the device values for spacers
and prelaminary device<->XYZ dependency in *.ti1 will be the same. In this case
the problem with spacers can still presist.
I ask gamma for whole the device space, even for -f patch generator (at least
at first step before prelaminary profile).