[argyllcms] Re: Strugglin' with scanin

  • From: Hening Bettermann <hein.be@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:59:01 +0100

Hi!

On 03.Feb.2010, at 23:57, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Hening Bettermann wrote:
>> ./scanin -v9 -dipn -p -a -G1.0 5D2_938.tif ColorCheckerSG.cht
>> ColorCheckerSG_Graeme.cie
>> -->
>> ./scanin: Error - CGATS file 'ColorCheckerSG_Graeme.cie' read error : Unable
>> to open file 'ColorCheckerSG_Graeme.cie' for reading
>
> So you've given it a path to a file that doesn't exist.

Sorry, I had overlooked that I had accidentally dumped the SG in the file name
of ColorCheckerSG_Graeme.cie.

>> ./scanin110 -v9 -dipn -p -a 5D2_938_curv_exp0,5_rot_crop.tif
>> ColorCheckerSG_Brian.cht ColorCheckerSG_scaled_1931.cie
>> -->
>> ./scanin110: Error - 4 chanel input '5D2_938_curv_exp0,5_rot_crop.tif' must
>> be a CMYK tiff file

>  You need look to your workflow, and the
> settings of whatever created the TIFF file.

The tif was created by Raw Developer. I have no control over hidden alpha
channels. But I'll check with Brian.

> (I'd suggest looking at the tiffinfo and tiffdump output of the file, but you
> probably don't have that tool unless you're compiling from source).

...which I am certainly not...;-)

Ooops, now that I open the diag.tif file in Preview to save it as .jpeg, in the
Save As.. dialogue there is a checkbox "Alpha" - and it's checked...
PS must have smuggled this alpha thing in. A new conversion does not give THIS
error, but still...

>> ("pattern match wasn't good enough").
>
> Are you leaving enough of the surround ?

I thought this should have been enough to see the edges?

image/jpg

However, scanin is not satisfied with it. But -F did the trick.

Thank you for your help! - Next  stop colprof...

Hening.