[argyllcms] Re: Running dispcal stops usb card reader

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:42:37 +1100

hetas wrote:
> Wouldn't that affect users using usb-serial-adapter for their colorimeter?

Not at all.

> I tried running setserial -gb /dev/ttyUSB* and that did stop the card reader.
> Gave me no output,
> though. But at least problem is not specific to dispcal.

OK, sounds like that's the easiest solution then.

> Does this still point to problems with the card reader or the usb-serial
> driver? If opening the
> port is de facto way of getting information about a device then this
> shouldn't affect the device?

Possibly, it's hard to know.

> Would it be too much of a hack to have an option to bypass serial devices and
> probe usb only?

It would be nice to avoid that, as it makes it harder to use.

> Or maybe with less and less serial devices it would make more sense to have
> an option to include
> serial devices but that wouldn't be backwards compatible then.

Possibly. A lot of people still use the Spectrolino/Spectroscan though,
although this may drop off
now that X-Rite are no longer recalibrating them.