[argyllcms] Re: Running dispcal stops usb card reader

  • From: hetas <hetas4ml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:58:47 +0200

On 16.02.2012 06:03, Graeme Gill wrote:
I'm wondering if the problem you see is due to Argyll opening /dev/ttyUSB*
though.
It's easy enough to skip looking at those ports, since they only turn up
when they are present.

Graeme Gill.

Wouldn't that affect users using usb-serial-adapter for their colorimeter?

I tried running setserial -gb /dev/ttyUSB* and that did stop the card reader. Gave me no output, though. But at least problem is not specific to dispcal.

Does this still point to problems with the card reader or the usb-serial driver? If opening the port is de facto way of getting information about a device then this shouldn't affect the device?

Would it be too much of a hack to have an option to bypass serial devices and probe usb only?

Or maybe with less and less serial devices it would make more sense to have an option to include serial devices but that wouldn't be backwards compatible then.

Juho