[argyllcms] Re: Regarding comments about Colormunki and it's software

  • From: Rishi Sanyal <rishi.j.sanyal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:16:33 -0700

Is there any good reference I can read about the process of profiling
and what actually goes on in display characterization? I've often been
confused about the difference between just measuring the primaries and
coming up with R, G, & B correction curves vs. building a profile off
of hundreds of patches. I'd love to learn about what actually goes on,
the math, etc.
-Rishi