[argyllcms] Re: Regarding comments about Colormunki and it's software

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:59:36 +1000

Rishi Sanyal wrote:
I'd prefer you not misquote me. I said the CM *software* was a joke.
Not the hardware.

My guess as to an explanation for your experience would be that you
have a "difficult" monitor, and that the simpler set of measurements
and device model that the ColorMunki software uses wasn't sufficient
for it. Someone with a more "well behaved" display on the other hand,
my well find that the ColorMunki software produces a perfectly usable
profile.