[argyllcms] Re: Randomized GCV for RSPL

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 13:36:07 +1000

Ben Goren wrote:

On 2006 Jun 24, at 7:50 AM, Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

 > the  attached  patch  adds  the computation  of  randomized  GCV
 > (Generalized Cross  Validation) to the RSPL  code. Please take a
 > look, whether you also find it useful.

Just to be sure...this /does/ do  exactly what you were nudging me
to write in Perl a few weeks back, no?

I've had a little play with it, and it does some interesting things, but it doesn't seem bullet proof. It tended to under smooth a couple of the profile I tried it out on, so maybe it needs some more investigation as to how reliable such an approach is likely to be.