[argyllcms] Printer calibration (epson 4880) RGB, CMYK, CMYNcmlkllk ?

  • From: marion pouliquen <pouliquen.ma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:48:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I work on an Epson 4880, and i can't manage to obtain great linear scales using
a "comercial" proofing method (i1 profiler), so i'm now trying to calibrate my
printer with Argyll, before profiling it.
The epson use C M Y K lightC lightM lightY lightK and lightlightK so my
question is : should I create a RGB (-d2) or a CMYKcmlkllk (-d10) target? I've
tried with the -d10, but i've found no way to tell my printer : "this alpha
channel should be print in this light ink" so i can't print the target.
If i use a RGB target, how can i be sure that the light inks will be calibrated
too?

Sorry for my approximate english and thanks for your help

Marion