[argyllcms] Re: Packaging aryllcms for distros, and licence incompatibilities

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:06:56 +0000

2009/11/12 Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I guess that's one of the drawbacks with accepting contributions
> from other people, one ends up with a variety of licenses.

Sure, and I've been in projects (much bigger than this) who have
successfully relicenced themselves. DBus is one example. You have to
contact each contributor with copyright, and ask each one if
relicencing is okay. Then you change the whole project in one commit.
It's quite a bit of faff, but makes it much easier for you selling to
proprietary people (no need to talk to the lawyers again) and also for
people trying to package this stuff up.

Richard.