[argyllcms] Other display types

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 12:40:29 +0000

At the moment, argyllcms seems to support two main display types, CRT
and LCD. The ColorHug supports mapping different internal ccmx's to
different display types for a more accurate calibration.
When writing the ColorHug driver I just mapped CRT to "m-crt", LCD to
"m-lcd" and left "m-projector" unused. There are also 3 free slots in
the mapping system used by ColorHug for other display technologies.

Would it make sense to extend the number of display types that
argyllcms understands? So far I'm thinking about:

* CRT [-yc]
* Backlit LCD [-yl]
* LED [-ye?]
* Projector [-yp?]

Are there any more that are going to have significantly different
primaries? Ideas welcome. Thanks,

Richard.