[argyllcms] Re: Other display types

Am 09.02.2012 13:40, schrieb Richard Hughes:
At the moment, argyllcms seems to support two main display types, CRT
and LCD. The ColorHug supports mapping different internal ccmx's to
different display types for a more accurate calibration.
When writing the ColorHug driver I just mapped CRT to "m-crt", LCD to
"m-lcd" and left "m-projector" unused. There are also 3 free slots in
the mapping system used by ColorHug for other display technologies.

Would it make sense to extend the number of display types that
argyllcms understands? So far I'm thinking about:

* CRT [-yc]
* Backlit LCD [-yl]
* LED [-ye?]
* Projector [-yp?]

Are there any more that are going to have significantly different
primaries? Ideas welcome. Thanks,

The i1d3 driver seems to come with the following spectral samples (after
conversion to ccss):

   CCFLFamily_07Feb11.ccss
   ProjectorFamily_07Feb11.ccss
   RGBLEDFamily_07Feb11.ccss
   WGCCFLFamily_07Feb11.ccss
   WLEDFamily_07Feb11.ccss

So likely these display types are worth to be distinguished wrt. calibration.

Btw, I'm actually curious how each individual ColorHug gets calibrated?

LTOF convertes are inexpensive and can likely still do a reasonable job on
displays - but the hard and expensive part seems to be rather the factory
calibration of each individual instrument.

Can you explain the calibration procedure?

Which kind of reference instruments are used?

Is the calibration traceable to particular standards?

What's eventually the accuracy of the ColorHug?

Best Regards,
Gerhard