[argyllcms] Re: OS X 10.8.4 from 10.6.8, deltaE 11 from 3

  • From: Technical Operations <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:17:01 -0700

Thanks very much Graeme, I narrowed the problem down to trying to use a Rec.709
tone curve.  With it I get the high dE's and visibly off (even with the 1.6
beta codebase) and the sRGB coverage is 95% or less.
With a standard 2.2 gamma tone curve, our dE fall right into place (avg<1,
max<2.5) and the sRGB coverage is 99-101%.

Any ideas? I'm testing using dispcalGUI's "verify profile", using either the
Rec709.icm or straight to the ti1 chart, which in both cases give the same
results.

Rec.709 is strongly preferable for us since most of our work is in that color
space.