[argyllcms] Ink Limiting

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:05:53 +0400

 Jason Campbell wrote:

>Bottom line is that when I start doing B2A lookups (Lab->CMY), I never am able
>to get any further out than roughly the 270% total ink, and I really need to
>get a lot closer to 300% if at all possible…  Is it?
This is because Your inks didn't deliver more deep black while increasing their
amount above 270%. The deepest black is achieved by the mixture of 270% of
certain CMY inks and any increase of any channel value leads to increase the
brightness of the black point.
I recommend You to use -l410% limit for target for true no limit. Then compute
A2B table and examine it by xicclu. You may discover that C=M=Y=100% is not so
black or not neutral black. So the closest neutral and deepest black is at 270%
of total volume.