[argyllcms] Re: Novice can't print right

  • From: Geoff Kuenning <geoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:52:56 -0800

> Graeme Gill wrote:
>
>> It sounds a lot like something has gone terribly wrong there, but
>> without a clearer idea of the workflow and tools involved, it's hard
>> to suggest anything concrete.
>
> Sorry, I meant to add that I would guess the problems are more
> likely to be in the print profile. The first thing to check would
> be the selection of "print test chart" vs. "use profile" mode
> in your print path. This can be tricky, particularly if you
> are on OS X where there is a thicket of bugs to deal with.

FWIW, I'm on Linux, using primarily the Gimp and gqview, with HP's print
drivers rather than gutenprint.  I've been experimenting with various
printing approaches, so I'll continue in that vein.  I can also switch
to gutenprint and see if that helps.
--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff@xxxxxxxxxx   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

You know you're a parent when you hear yourself utter the words,
"Throw up on Daddy's shoulder...good girl."