[argyllcms] Re: Noob camera profiling question

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:52:53 -0400

> The Scenarios.html file in the documentation that comes with Argyll tells you
> exactly what to do.

I may be missing something, but I can't see any recommendations on setting up
lights, aperture, focus, exposition, etc.

Also it is very practical to try camera profiles of matrix type with single
gamma.

It is hardly possible to use Argyll to profile for ACR/LR without certain
manual work on re-encoding the profile into their format. Also, because of the
different white balancing scheme Adobe are using the profile will be valid only
for the same light used to shoot the target. One way of avoiding manual
re-encoding profiles is to use them as correction profiles when opening the
file in Photoshop, but that poses even more severe limitations to the light
sources.

Nikon Capture can use Argyll profiles, either as main profiles or as correction
profiles.

--
Iliah Borg
ib@xxxxxxxxxxx