[argyllcms] Re: Need help

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 23:14:26 -0500

On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 12:03 +1000, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Leonard Evens wrote:
> > I calibrated my monitor and printer a while ago, and I have to do it
> > over again.  But, of course I've forgotten how to do everything.  So
> > please excuse me if I ask some really stupid questions.
>
> I've got in the habit now of creating a "readme.txt" file in
> these situations - a shortcut to recall what I discovered
> and did last time I worked on a project. Cut & paste working
> command lines into it, notes, gotcha's etc.

I am pretty sure I have such a file, but rather than looking for it, I
thought it would be easier just to follow the instructions in the
documentation.

> > When I run
> > dispcal -yl -r (or -R)
> > I get
> > dispcal: Error - icoms - set_ser_port: port number out of range!
> > What does that mean?
>
> Sorry, not a good error message. It means that it couldn't see any
> instruments.

Sorry.   I didn't have any instrument plugged in.   For some reason I
interpreted the instructions as saying that the command would tell me
the state of the monitor without any instrument being available.

--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University