[argyllcms] Creating Gamut

  • From: "Terry Hewitt" <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 14:41:55 +0100

I'm using iccgamut.exe to produce the Gamut from (for various reasons) all
the .icc files I have.

In Matlab I read the .gam files and convert the Lab values to XYZ and thence
to xy

In a number of the files the Lab combination (0,0,0) appears, which of
course gives a divide by zero when converting to xy.

Some of the icc files that produce this are

AdobeRGB1998

AppleRGB

CNBJPRN2.ICM                              (It's for a Canon ip4000)

Dell XPS 17_D65-February 2011.icm   (for my Laptop, created by X-rite color
munki software)

HP_w2228h.icm                       (from HP for a 22" monitor)

ProPhoto.icm

.

So

a)      Have I mis-understood something?

b)      Do I need to use some switches in iccgamut.exe to ensure this
doesn't happen?

c)       Have I found a bug?

d)      Is there another explanation

Best wishes