[argyllcms] Re: Microsoft WCS

  • From: Rolf Gierling <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:20:58 +0200

Hello Roger,

Am 20.06.2006 um 02:52 schrieb Roger Breton:

I see a lot of "J" in this article. As in "Jch". Is that a CIECAM Lightness
correlate?

They talk about
...our color appearance model (CAM) space. This space based on CIECAM02...
and
...A gamut boundary description (GBD) shell is represented as an indexed
vertex list stored in CIECAM02 Jab...

I have only "scanned" the text but from the graphs which explain various
chroma and lightness compression schemes, it has a lot in common with the
ICC system, conceptually.

Yes, they use a lot of ...It corresponds roughly to the ICC...
and mention relative and absolute colorimetric, perceptual and saturation intents.

Rolf

Multitools
Dipl.-Ing. Rolf Gierling

Colormanagement