[argyllcms] Re: List of wide gamut displays

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 18:25:41 +0200

Am 08.10.2011 10:24, schrieb Ernst Dinkla:
On 10/07/2011 11:46 PM, Іван Циба wrote:
Hi everyone.
I'm using colorimeter on many models of displays and it will be very
useful
have ccxm matrix for every wide gamut display available on market.
Let's try together make complete list of wide gamut display models.
Try to begin:
1. Dell UltraSharp U2410
2. NEC 2490Wuxi2 and NEC 2690Wuxi2
3. HP LP2475w

Sorry for my english.

Is the correction matrix not a result of particular colorimeter's
deviations and the specific RGB output of a particular monitor, so not
universal enough to use the ccmx for another set of both devices, the
monitor being the more consistent one? I recall a discussion like that
in this forum.

Yes, that's the problem with most colorimeters, the inter-instrument variability seems pretty high (with the exception of maybe the DTP94 and the new X-Rite devices, which I heard are pretty good in that regard). Averaging of several correction matrices for one particular display/instrument combination could probably help reduce that problem a bit.

For download there is a small list of ccmx files here with similar
comments about their usability:
http://argyllcms.com/doc/ccmxs.html

--
Florian Höch