[argyllcms] Re: Linearization

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 00:20:29 +1000

Roger wrote:
Is there currently any utilities to do per channel linearization?

Hi Roger,

        not in the current release code no, although I have just
written such a program, although I haven't integrated it with
an ICC based workflow yet.

I'd like to be able to compare to, say, adjust a 50% tint, up or down in
screen percentages, to minimize the color difference between a given CIELab
value.

Hmm. I'm not sure how that relates to linearization. You can certainly
use icclu or xicclu to manually locate particular PCS values.

A combination of a .ti1 file + fakeread + verify would probably
give you delta E to a target value too.