[argyllcms] Re: LUT loading on recent Nvidia betas

  • From: "Andreas F.X. Siegert" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:03:56 +0200

on 05/21/2012 05:27 PM Graeme Gill said the following:
> You could try setting the ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2 environment variable
> <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Environment.html>,

Ok, looks like a pilot error for now.
While updating to Precise, I lost one of my startup scripts that sets
ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2, but I assumed it was still active and only tested
deactivating it.

So now I can report, that the current 302.11 beta driver does load a single
LUT when ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2 is set.
I am away from my second screen for a few days, can't test that yet.
But as xrandr is working now for screen switching (in contrast to previous
Nvidia drivers), I have high hopes for that.

But, while I did my tests, I noticed that dispwin would report the internal
laptop screen as screen 1 when solo and as screen 2 when running with two
screens which makes automated setup scripts more painful than it should be.
Or is there an easy query method that I missed?

thx
afx

--
http://afximages.com/