[argyllcms] Re: LUT loading on recent Nvidia betas

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 22:01:46 +1000

Andreas F.X. Siegert wrote:
> as recent Nvidia betas (302.11) claim to support Xrandr 1.2 I gave it a spin.
> But in contrast to the official 295 releases, I can't load anything at all
> and dispwin reports no error (XUbuntu 12.4, 64bit on a Lenovo Thinkpad T520
> with a wide gamut IPS panel).
> Not even about a broken xrandr implementation.
>
> Am I missing something?

I haven't tested it myself, but unfortunately it seems many X11 driver
writers seem to think that "XRANDR support" doesn't include the bit
about supporting the CRTC's VideoLUT table access.

If you are getting no symptoms but no effect, then that suggests
that they have implemented dummy code for XRRSetCrtcGamma()
and XRRGetCrtcGamma() rather than actually implementing
the functions or returning an error code.

If you use the NVIDIA X11 driver then perhaps you need to post a report
on their customer forums encouraging them to implement XRANDR support
fully, rather than partially.