[argyllcms] Re: IF you have problems with Linux and Spyder 3

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 00:59:49 +1100

Magnus Berg wrote:
> The problem is "libmtp-runtime". Removing that lib solve the problem.
> I had seen bug reports for "libmtp-runtime" version 1.0.6-6 (1) and that
> a patch should solve the problem with later versions (2). But I had
> "libmtp-runtime" version 1.1.0-4 installed and that version didn't work
> ether.

libmtp was also reported to be the cause of the DTP94 not working.

It simply should not be opening devices it doesn't know how to
drive, and that includes any USB device of Vendor Specific class
not on a white list. The "fixed" version won't solve the problem
reliably, since it simply introduces a heuristic that
skips devices that don't have 3 end points. For it to also
continuously poll devices rather than accessing them once
is very poor as well.