[argyllcms] Re: I1 Display Pro not working in Argyll v1.3.4?

  • From: Steven Dobbelaere <steven.dobbelaere@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:54:21 +0200

There is no .inf file available for the I1 display pro:

-> see screenshot

I can't follow the guide step by step because i'm stuck at this step:
Adding Argyll drivers to existing drivers:
In Vista/Win 7:
  Plug the instrument that you want to install the the computer.
  Right click on the "Computer" item in the Start menu and select "Manage".
  Click on "Device Manager"
  Locate the device in the device manager. It may be underneath one of the top level "USB" items.

=> I don't see a device which is named I1 display pro ... !

Was anybody able to see this device in the device manager on win7?

Kr,
Steven

Op 9/14/2011 8:34 PM, Steven Dobbelaere schreef:
Alan, Pictus,

I thought it was not needed:

http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html =>
"Note that the Huey and i1 Display Pro and ColorMunki Display colorimeter appears as an HID (USB Human Interface Device Class) device, and hence will be assigned to the default MSWindows HID driver, rather than popping a "New Hardware" dialog. You normally don't need to install an Argyll libusb1 driver for these devices."

But I will install the drivers to give it a try.

Kr,
Steven

Op 9/14/2011 8:18 PM, Alan Goldhammer schreef:
I've not seen this type of error message in my use of the i1 Pro.  You don't
say whether you installed the Argyll device driver or not.  I know that this
is required for the i1 Pro to work with Argyll software (I assume the same
to be true for this one but could be wrong; for more details on hardware
see:  http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html )

Alan