[argyllcms] Re: Huey used with Samsung XL20?

  • From: Roger <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:49:18 -0400

Pascal,

It would be a disappointment if there was nothing specific about the
particular Huey bundled with the XL20. I know *I* would be very
disappointed. Why? Everyone I know's understanding about the Huey or the
EyeOneDisplayII bundled with the XL series have custom matrix coefficients
optimized to correct for the response of the colorimeter. I would be curious
to compare my regular Huey's response to an XL20's Huey response on the same
monitor. If they would be the same then it would be a disappointment *and*
it would mean that anyone is bound to get better readings off the XLs using
an EyeOnePro spectral readings.

Does that make sense to you?

Roger