[argyllcms] Re: Host spectral measurements instead of ccmx/ccss?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:25:28 +1000

Florian Höch wrote:

> them separately, then feed the resulting .ti3 files to ccxxmake. So I
> thought, colorimeter users which don't have a spectro just need a .ti3
> measured with a spectro for their screen (which could be provided by
> another user of the same screen model who doesn't need to have the
> colorimeter), as they can always create the colorimeter .ti3 themselves.

Hi,
        notionally you could do this, but the practical problem is
that if you split up the measurement, you can't be assured that
the color patches from the two displays are the same composition of
RGB, nor be at the same brightness. Since one of the unknowns
is the Colorimeter relative channel sensitivities, I'm not sure
this could be worked around, even if you restrict yourself to
just 3 samples: R, G & B.