[argyllcms] Re: Getting a DTP94B to talk to ArgyllCMS on Linux Mint 12

  • From: B Parker <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:03:18 +0000 (UTC)

Graeme Gill <graeme@...> writes:

> Phoenix wrote:
> > I hope this is an appropriate place to post this question since it's more
> > about how to connect the device than about Argyll.... I've installed the
> > ubuntu (debian I presume) package that puts the 55-Argyll.rules file into
> > /lib/udev/rules.d . So I've tried putting it in /etc/udev/rules.d but to
> > no avail.
> >
> > Is it because it's a "B" rather than just a "94"? I assumed it was
> > sufficiently similar that it would work anyway.
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, but you haven't really given enough details to help. In
> what way is the 94B different to the DTP94 ? Is the USB VID & PID
> the same or different ? If it's different, what are the values ?
>
> > Typing "udevadm info -a -p `udevadm info -q path -n /dev/sdb`" and "lsusb"
> > don't seem to list the device either.
> >
> > Grateful for any help, though I realise this more of a Linux issue than
> > an Argyll one.
>
> If it's a USB device but the Linux USB subsystem can't see it,
> then it's not likely that anything can used it. Some investigation
> of what's going on there would be needed.
>
> Graeme Gill.

Thanks for the reply Graeme,

lsusb is now giving me output (dunno why not before):

Bus 002 Device 012: ID 0765:d094 X-Rite, Inc. X-Rite DTP94
[Quato Silver Haze Pro]

Which has the same numbers as the ones for the DTP94 in the 55-Argyll.rules
file, so I suspect it should be working.

I've just tried copying the 55-Argyll.rules into /etc/udev/rules.d, and run
"spotread", but it still doesn't seem to communicate.

Phoenix