[argyllcms] Re: Follow-up of "dispcal not working with Spyder 2 on openSUSE 11.3 (and Fedora F13)"

  • From: Michael Schmuker <schmuker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:15:41 +0200

Hi,

So it seems that the Spyder2 is absolutely non-functional on recent distros,

> I was wondering if the problem mentioned in the following post has been
>
> >     solved in any way:
> >     http://www.freelists.
> org/post/argyllcms/dispcal-not-working-with-Spyder-2-on-openSUSE-113-
> and-Fedora-F13,2

Well, I solved it - kind of. I sold my Spyder2 and got a Huey instead :)
It works like a charm with OpenSUSE 11.3, and it is much faster than the
Spyder2. The Spyder took two about two hours for a calibration run IIRC,
with the Huey it takes a few minutes 8-o

Cheers,

Michael