[argyllcms] Re: Fluorescence

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:43:49 -0400

Gerard,

> so you only want to view and match *both* prints under illuminant A,
> side by side?

Yes, as as starting point in my investigation, all I want is to test the
theory that I will indeed observe a match. My press prints are to be
measured with illuminant A (tungsten light source in my spectrophotometer)
and viewed, side by side under illuminant A.

If I can prove to my eyes that I can indeed observe a match under those
conditions, with a fluorescent substrate, THEN that will give me confidence
to approach more demanding light sources.

> (Nevertheless keep in mind, if they match under illuminant A, it is not
> granted that they also match under e.g. D50 or D65, due to metamerism
> (even if both papers were non-fluorescent)).

I am absolutely in agreement with you, Gerard. 100%.

Have you read Graeme's article?

Graeme, do you care if I talk about the contents of your article on this
list? I need to ask you for some clarifications anyway. So might as well
have everyone benefit, right?

Regards,

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx