[argyllcms] Re: Feature Request - Chartread Multiple Scans

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 15:31:08 -0700

On Jan 2, 2014, at 3:12 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> file and use chartread in spot mode, but that seems unwieldily (though maybe
>> it's a
>
> So you are really talking about chartread in patch by patch mode, not
> spotread ?

No, I'm actually using spotread, but in a manner not unlike how one would use
chartread. But rather than go through the bother of creating .ti2 files to feed
to chartread, I just save the output of spotread to a file (and then use vi to
turn that into the relevant bits of the .cie and .cht files).

(Actually, for a 24 x 36 patch chart, I'll do each row separately to separate
files so I can recover more readily from the inevitable brain farts.)

> I'm thinking more along the lines of a flag to chartread that turns repeated
> reads into robust averages rather than replacing the previous values.

That sounds good to me. This is certainly much more your area of expertise than
mine, such that I'm sure we're at that point where whatever you come up with is
going to be better than whatever I think of.

Cheers,

b&