[argyllcms] Re: Feature Request - Chartread Multiple Scans

  • From: BC Rider <bcrider99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 12:20:05 -0800

> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 10:56:09 +1100
> From: graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [argyllcms] Re: Feature Request - Chartread Multiple Scans
>

> Setting an outlier threshold value is not very desirable from a UI point of
> view,
> since it is yet another parameter that people will wonder how to set.

Yes, it is preferable for the program to automatically handle it.

A minimum of three for outlier detection seems OK.   One needs minimum two for
averaging in any case!  Based on my tests, I'd probably use four.

> Even doing averaging in memory means adding a degree of elaboration,
> since currently chartread saves readings directly to the CGATS object.

Though not preferred, the original idea of creating/populating N CGATS objects
and then writing them out as separate files sounds easier then.

I can't speak to the coding difficulties but the benefits of doing something
are significant.  Currently the overhead for extra averaging scans is quite
high compared to intrinsically required.   Hopefully something can be done.