[argyllcms] Re: FWA Compensation

  • From: <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 11:53:12 -0000

Hello Jan-Peter,

Yes, the image has 3 strips (marked "D65 fluo OBC", "D65 fluo" and "D50" one
above the other).  Each of the strips is from the same image (so same
RGB/Lab data). When I created the image I made sure that all the colors are
in gamut for the target profile.

The illuminant is a D65 fluorescent and the paper is a Permajet Oyster.
Looking at the SPD of the paper it does seem that it has a lot of FWA as
there is quite a big hump around 400nm.  I don't know how much UV is in the
lamp.  Could you tell me how I can estimate this doing an M1/M2 measurement?
(using spotread, I assume?).

I produced 3 profiles, the first being the default D50 profile, the second
one with illuminant compensation for the fluorescent lamp, and the third one
with FWA compensation for the fluorescent lamp.  I then printed the strips
using Relative Colorimetric from Beta RGB (which was used as the source
profile in colprof as you can see).

I then stuck the strips on board, one on top of the other, and photographed
them under the fluorescent lamp.

Robert

  _____