[argyllcms] Re: Error open USB - Color Munki Photo - window

  • From: "Terry Hewitt" <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:11:21 +0100

Graeme,

There is good news and bad news...

Tried you various suggestions of removing/re-installing driver/reboot.

Still doesn't work.

Tried stopping the two X-rite services - still doesn't work.

The GOOD NEWS

a)      Tried a different USB port, ARGYLL usb driver, stopped the two
X-rite services .

b)      IT WORKED!!!!!

(I've had this problem with another device a Behringer BCF2000 midi
controller - sensitive to which USB port I'm using. That seemed to also
object when I plugged it in through an external hub. Maybe the same problem
here, maybe not).

The BAD NEWS.

If I run spotread a second time it gives a panel which says "spotread.exe
has stopped working". Then 3 options: a) Check online for a solution & close
the app, b) Close the program c) Debug the program

Problem details:

Problem signature:

  Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

  Application Name:                             spotread.exe

  Application Version:                           0.0.0.0

  Application Timestamp:                     4e5e4607

  Fault Module Name:                          msvcrt.dll

  Fault Module Version:                        7.0.7600.16385

  Fault Module Timestamp:                  4a5bda6f

  Exception Code:                                  c0000005

  Exception Offset:                                0001a6ae

  OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

  Locale ID:                                             2057

  Additional Information 1:                  0a9e

  Additional Information 2:
0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

  Additional Information 3:                  0a9e

  Additional Information 4:
0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy
statement offline:

  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

If I delete the cmd window, create another one spotread works the first
time, but not the second time!

At least now I have a work around for what I want to do. Thanks for the
help.

If you want to do any further debugging happy to help if you give me
instructions.

Best wishes

Terry