[argyllcms] Re: Dispread segmentation fault

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 00:19:37 +1000

Martin Weberg wrote:
Sorry, but I don't know what gdb is/means. I however tried the new dispread
in a separate folder and got no seg. fault. Strange, since I guess you
havn't altered any code yet?

Ah - I turned debugging on, and optimization off, so it's probably
a compiler optimization bug that's the problem, which is why it
went away. Do you have gdb on your system (Gnu Debugger see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDB>) ?
Try running it from the command line to see. I would
have thought it would ship in the default OS X installation.

I've updated <http://www.argyllcms.com/dispread_ppc_debug.tgz>
with both optimization on, and debugging symbols, so see if
that gives a segmentation fault and a backtrace.